Peer connecting to room but not seeing the images

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
500 monsters and creatures images for card games - Set 1
  • I have a simple multiplayer app, just me as host and 1 person as peer. The system is just a bunch of images that we can drag´n drop. Its for clinical purposes.

But 3 out of 4 peers connect to the room but the images dont load.

Can it be a Anti-Virus problem ? A firewall problem ? But no firewall pop up in windows of the peers. Either no anti-virus alert.

Is there a way to prevent this kind of conections error? Maybe using another paid server instead of scirra.com?

Im kind lost.

• I have a simple multiplayer app, just me as host and 1 person as peer. The system is just a bunch of images that we can drag´n drop. Its for clinical purposes.

But 3 out of 4 peers connect to the room but the images dont load.

Can it be a Anti-Virus problem ? A firewall problem ? But no firewall pop up in windows of the peers. Either no anti-virus alert.

Is there a way to prevent this kind of conections error? Maybe using another paid server instead of scirra.com?

Im kind lost.

Dont think server has anything to do with it, depends on image sizes, are you using big images? if so what dimensions?

Seems more like a loading error.

• Dont think server has anything to do with it, depends on image sizes, are you using big images? if so what dimensions?

Seems more like a loading error.

All other images are loading fine, like backgrounds and statics images. Just the ones that has some code, movments, drag´ndrop things that both users are going too see. This is just the assets that wont load.

In fact, they load for a tiny second and than, desapear.

• Dumb question, but you have the host creating all of the images?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Dumb question, but you have the host creating all of the images?

You got me. I dont know. You mean, in code? I create all sprites in layout editor, not in event-sheet. Is it Wrong?

But, sometimes (2 out of 5 times, more or less), it work nice. Host and peer moving images around like charm.

If was something wrong in the code, Is it not going to work never, am i right?

Tnks for all the help im getting

• The multiplayer gets kinda confusing is why I asked.

It took me a long time to figure out that the host creates all of the sprites and it moves all of the sprites (which is why I asked the previous question).

When a player joins, the player says hello to the host, host creates that players sprite. When player moves, player doesn't really move. Player sends a request to the host, the host moves for the player, and it syncs back to the player screen.

If you have it all coded that way, it's probably something minor.

Just wanted to check that (it's about 90% of questions in the forum).

• The multiplayer gets kinda confusing is why I asked.

It took me a long time to figure out that the host creates all of the sprites and it moves all of the sprites (which is why I asked the previous question).

When a player joins, the player says hello to the host, host creates that players sprite. When player moves, player doesn't really move. Player sends a request to the host, the host moves for the player, and it syncs back to the player screen.

If you have it all coded that way, it's probably something minor.

Just wanted to check that (it's about 90% of questions in the forum).

Yep. It is coded that way, sending messages to host and doing things when the message is received.

Sometimes it work just fine.

Sometimes when it not load, I ask to the pacient to turn off anti-virus, and it star work great, but sometimes, even when they turn off anti-virus (like in yesterday pacient, was AVG antivirus), even turned off, images dont show.

I dont know how can this be fixed. It happens alot.

• Things I'd check:

The images that are not showing up for peers are showing on the host.

Everyone is on the same network (if not, the photon plugin can go outside the network).

Past that, I'm a bust on helping.

• Things I'd check:

The images that are not showing up for peers are showing on the host.

Everyone is on the same network (if not, the photon plugin can go outside the network).

Past that, I'm a bust on helping.

The images is showing fine to host, yes. Just the peer cant see it.

Same network you mean Lan? Its not. Patients are sometime in other country, state.

The appointment is over internet. Never in same network.

• I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but networking is the issue (99.9999% sure). (the c3 multi works fine inside a firewall, past that it must have a cross-origin problem of some sort and it does not handle what you want. See: construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/beginners-questions-19/multiplayer-works-lan-only-100219 I've used the photon plugin for a couple little real-time racing games. It works pretty well and is very similar to c3 multiplayer and works across all the platforms I've tested.)

construct.net/en/make-games/addons/534/photon-engine-c3

• I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but networking is the issue (99.9999% sure). (the c3 multi works fine inside a firewall, past that it must have a cross-origin problem of some sort and it does not handle what you want. See: construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/beginners-questions-19/multiplayer-works-lan-only-100219 I've used the photon plugin for a couple little real-time racing games. It works pretty well and is very similar to c3 multiplayer and works across all the platforms I've tested.)

https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/addons/534/photon-engine-c3

Tnk you very much for all the help and tips you give me in this thread.

Im gona look into this photon plugin. Maybe it is the solution i need.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)