Want to pause multiplayer when connection lost, then resume after. OnDisconnect/PeerCount unhelpful

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • So that 'messages' don't get lost during the game, if anyone's connection is lost I want to give them the opportunity to resume by pausing everyone until they have joined again. So I need to stop the progress of events (e.g. as I've been trying with the wait signal-0 timescale didn't work because it couldn't wait until full reconnection to get back to 1 timescale) when someone gets disconnected (loses internet momentarily-not from a natural disconnect).

PeerCount doesn't work, because it still counts peers that have disconnected (unless fully out/kicked which takes time).

I've also tried to do something with 'On Host/Peer Disconnected' manually, but found that also takes time after the disconnect to trigger, so the information gets sent (not to them) before they can reconnect.

Without exhaustive detail but extra context, with intentional design, what happens can't be retroactively updated or synched/newly sent after, those kinds of alternatives won't work.

I would appreciate some method to know a player has lost their connection and to halt gameplay before the message is lost during the time they are waiting to reconnect.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)