How do I make my own server for multiplayer game?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Very simple code without excess options (15 events for server and 11 events for client)
  • Today I ran into the fact that right now the SCIRRA multiplayer servers are not responding to requests.

They don't even work on sample games.

That is, the problem is not in the game code.

Please guide me on the settings for creating my own server.

I have a domain and a website, how can I set it up?

• You can buy one in the asset store. construct.net/en/game-assets/tools/multiplayer-signalling-server-2

Be warned you need to know what you're doing to get it working, like certificates https and stuff

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Today I ran into the fact that right now the SCIRRA multiplayer servers are not responding to requests.

I just checked, and it seems to be working fine for me.

• > Today I ran into the fact that right now the SCIRRA multiplayer servers are not responding to requests.

I just checked, and it seems to be working fine for me.

maybe you are too close to the server? :))

I'm in Russia :) I test my new multiplayer game many times a day.

but today in the afternoon the problems with the connection began.

this was not the case before. I tested with sample game. So the problem is not in the code.

There was no connection for about half an hour, and then I connected half the time. Everything works fine now. But if I make the game and players can't join it, it will be very bad.

That's why I'm asking if I can set up my own server? and is it possible to make a choice of servers if one is unavailable?

• the scirra signalling server might have locked you out for having too many connection attempts, it does that to me too sometimes when i test my game, i think the default is like 200 per hour from the same ip ? around that ballpark

• the scirra signalling server might have locked you out for having too many connection attempts, it does that to me too sometimes when i test my game, i think the default is like 200 per hour from the same ip ? around that ballpark

it doesn't look like the problem of blocking from the number of attempts. because when I can not connect to the server and after 10 seconds I connected, then again the same problem can be ...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)