How do I use "OR" statement in a "if" ?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hi, I'm fairly new to Construct3, and it seems I didn't understand something right. My understanding of the "button is down" event is that it acts as a "if" : As long as the input is down, the event checks "true", right ?

But it seems that "OR" block subevents, in a "button is down" event, works only when the two or more condition are filled, acting as a "AND". If it is true, and is Construct3 limitation, I'll work my way around. If it isn't, and is (probably) a mistake on my part, please explain it to me !

Here is my code : It's supposed to make my character go left if he is airborne or if V_ISP2RIGHT is over 30. However, he only goes left when both condition are filled, making the "OR" statement useless :

Thanks !

• Seems fine, maybe you have other similar events that confuse things? If you had another event for example that said on jumping OR value is X with a different value then that means you have two events that trigger on jump and conflict. Only thing I can think of really.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks ! So you are 100% sure that it is not construct ?

I'll check out my code once again, it might very well be a mistake

• I think yes it is a problem with events not Construct itself. Double check the values you are getting and look for conflicting events.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)