Options for maintaining multiple similar games?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose the right answer for the shown equation.
  • I am currently developing a suite of 8 games, all of which are fairly similar, with their core gameplay differing. Each game will have the same flow, such as "Select Settings" -> "Main Menu" -> "Game" -> Leaderboard. The games themselves are fairly rudimentary, so I'm not worried about the projects getting awfully complex.

I'm currently trying to anticipate a particular issue I forsee happening down the track early, wherein I decide I want to update some animations or part of the generic game flow, and then have to duplicate my work across all 8 projects to keep them up to date.

Does anyone have any suggestions on ways I could make this process more painless? Is there a way to structure the game in such a way that I would be able to copy certain project files from one game to another without causing references to be broken? My experimenting so far as not been wholly successful.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is there a way to structure the game in such a way that I would be able to copy certain project files from one game to another without causing references to be broken?

I think this is only possible if you clone a project. When you create an object with the same name in two different projects, they will have different internal IDs.

You should be able to copy-paste event sheets between projects.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)