One Time Promo Code

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Two levels with two sistem Wave. with Source-code (.c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello, I was wondering how I could do promo codes in my game where you type a promo code into a text box to get a reward. That I can do. However, I want the codes to be a one time use and I can give away codes to people. The game is not multiplayer. If you need more details, I will gladly give them to you.

Is this even possible to do? Thanks,

Give me a Pixel

• If the code is unique across many players you need a server to store which codes were used or not.

You can try Playfab that offers free accounts.

• Thank you I will look into PlayFab.

• Thank you I will look into PlayFab.

You can also do this yourself with a webserver, database, PHP and ajax

• Which one would be the easiest (and least expensive if they cost anything)? I looked at AJAX on the manual, but it was way over my head. Can AJAX store my data or do I use it to retrieve data from a server?

Thanks,

Give me a Pixel

• AJAX sends and receives data from a server, so for promo codes you would need a web site with a database like MySQL usually with PHP scripts to read and write to the database.

if you have or need a web site then the is no extra charge, but there is the learning curve and you are responsible for security... There are tutorials and help available.

the other options would likely be a lot easier at first, but I haven't tried them.

• So, maybe I should create a PlayFab account and then use AJAX to retrieve the data?

Also, would I be able to do things like login to your account on any device via a username and password? It would probably be similar, right? And yeah, I don't want to spend any money yet, that's why I mentioned PlayFab.

• Also, would I be able to do things like login to your account on any device via a username and password? It would probably be similar, right? And yeah, I don't want to spend any money yet, that's why I mentioned PlayFab

With PlayFab you can do Login, in fact you need that, but you will need to code the client side part using the PlayFab SDK if you don't want to spend *any* money.

With PlayFab you can avoid having to maintain your own server, do the backend programming, etc... But still programming knowledge is needed as usual.

Here in the PlayFab SDK github.com/PlayFab/JavaScriptSDK With that and C3 JavaScript feature you can start builind all that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I will look into it. Thank you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)