NWJS + Greenworks not triggering Steam Achievements

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • I'm having problems triggering achievements on Steam. I'm using NW.js to export and I've already done this for my previous game, so I should be doing everything right.

At least one other user is having the same exact issue (https://www.construct.net/en/tutorials/using-greenworks-steam-2853 comments) but I haven't found a solution yet. Here's everything I've tried so far:

- Checking if achievement actions are getting triggered

- Downgrading versions gradually (Greenworks, NW.js, Steam SDK)

- Not using the "export for steam" option and adding the launch args manually

Using Webview is not an option since I need to export to Windows, Mac and Linux.

Has anyone ran into a similar issue recently or does anyone know any other troubleshooting steps I could try?

• Try exporting with DevTools enabled, run the game, press F12 and check for error messages in console log.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Solved, kind of.

I was using:

- Greenworks 0.71.0

- NW.JS 0.71

- Steam SDK 150

And no matter what, it reported an "Uncaught Error: the specified module could not be found"

Which as I found is a catch-all message for many kinds of errors. I re-checked that every file was in the correct place and I tried downgrading to Greenworks/NWJS 0.60.

When I tested again it reported a different error: "Steam_appid could not be found" even though I placed it in the base folder where the .exe for the game is found. After copying it to the package.nw file it worked, and the previous error was gone too!

My game seems to be working fine with the downgraded version, but It's weird that it won't work with the updated ones.

Anyways, solved.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)