NW.js exports to black screen

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • I've seen multiple posts on this topic in the last few months and have tried everything those posts say by disabling all 3rd-party addons, disabling many effects, exporting a blank C3 project (which works fine) but with my current game and the last game I tried making, NW.js would always export to a black screen and would throw the same error in the developer console (image below)

Tagged:

• Same here! Although on a side note it worked when I exported a small test project.

• Same here! Although on a side note it worked when I exported a small test project.

I saw somewhere that someone used an older version of NW.js? I've tried changing the versions of that but still doesn't work, but it could also be that it's using the latest version even though I try to change it since it isn't very clear if it's changed.

• Yeah this is all I get:

I exported my project to NW.js a few months ago to see if it would work and that is all it gives me.

As I said it works fine with the test game, but not with my real project.

• I think this is a bug in NW.js. I'm not sure when exactly it happens as I just tried a NW.js export of Ghost Shooter and it worked fine for me, but it does look like something funny is going on in NW.js that could break things sometimes. I responded to that issue with a minimal repro which should help speed up the fix.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Okay! Thanks Ashley!

• I think this is a bug in NW.js. I'm not sure when exactly it happens as I just tried a NW.js export of Ghost Shooter and it worked fine for me, but it does look like something funny is going on in NW.js that could break things sometimes. I responded to that issue with a minimal repro which should help speed up the fix.

This same problem when i open recomended examples works fine but my project for tests works ok but when export to pc i have this same problem some blob error like this picture.

• Also encountered this error and black screen (my game doesn't even use third party plugins). Thanks for suggested by someone to try to use NW.js version v0.76.0 - it worked! Something seems to be broken there( I hope they will fix it.

• Go to the AppData/Local path and find a folder with the name of your project, then delete it and try launching the game again so NW.js will load everything from scratch. If you're using local storage, all the data saved there is going to be deleted, so keep that in mind. That's a temporary fix that might or might not work.

• I think you can work around this on the latest versions of NW.js by turning off worker mode in advanced project properties.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)