Notifications for gamified micro-breaks tool?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Complete the collection by purchasing Trailer Force - Cinematic Sound Effects Tool Kit Pt.2: Drones
  • Hi all,

I would like to make a fun gamified micro-break tool for people who sit behind their computer/desk all day (like myself). Sitting behind a desk is bad for your health and might even cause injuries like RSI. If you don't know what micro-break software is, it's pause software that let's you set timers to remind yourself to take short breaks. Most often this software is very dry and boring. I want to spice it up with some cool illustrations, assignments in the breaks and some game mechanics.

It would be the easiest to create a browser based tool, but when it's time for the break I need to somehow force the tool/app/tab active. Without this it would not be a functional tool.

Does anybody know a way to achieve this with Construct 3!?

Thanks a lot!

• Chrome doesn't allow inactive tabs to run by design to preserve system resources I believe. The workaround was to play audio (even a silent looping bgm) to keep the tab from "sleeping". I don't know if this still works.

Otherwise, export to nw.js for a desktop app.

You won't be able to get the game to pop up on its own, but you can play a notification sound maybe.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks oosyrag for your advice. I'll look into both desktop and browser.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)