(Newspaper/Book) How do I efficiently bring to the top layer pages I flip through

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Goodbye to sprite fonts, when you have something new on the anvil for your upcoming Games !
  • I have a book where I flip pages (duh). Initially I just had a function to bring to the top the page that I needed.

Now I found myself adding more and more pages and this is making my function HUGE. Any ideas how to bring to the top layer or bring to the top a page when there's a lot of them?

I'm trying to think of a logical solution using event sheets.

• Are your pages only sprite or you have text pinned to them?

Because I did something similar only using 1 sprite, instead of many pages on different Z layers, I used sprite animation and frame.

That way you would only have to refere to one sprite and just tell which frame/animation you want.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are your pages only sprite or you have text pinned to them?

Because I did something similar only using 1 sprite, instead of many pages on different Z layers, I used sprite animation and frame.

That way you would only have to refere to one sprite and just tell which frame/animation you want.

That's freaking genius, the majority of my pages are sprites so that at least will cut down a massive chunk of work for sure! MVP comment of the day Tsardall

• What was once a huge function block is one of the smallest blocks, thank you once again Tsardall

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)