Any news on Mobile Advert problems?

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple fun and stylish endless scroller game ready to be customized and published.
  • I have seen people say not to configure on start of layout, and to avoid 'on configuration complete', and also that GDPR regulations may be effecting it but has anyone managed to get adverts working over the last few weeks? If so, could they post a screenshot of the events used please.

I have everything set up correctly (adverts used to work), but have tried 10 different combinations of events and 'configuration failed' is always fired. My last attempt is to change runtime to c3, but had to remove addons, bah! Will see what happens.....

Please help!!

• There's been a few people struggling to get their configuration settings correct. With the addition of the GDPR compliance parts some additional setup and properties need to be completed for the plugin to work. There are no open issues with the Mobile Advert plugin at the moment so if you do believe something is wrong please file a bug report at our github tracker.

When you experience an error with the mobile advert plugin it worth checking the "ErrorMessage" expression, as it should contain the reason for error.

A few issues you may be experiencing:

- you must use a custom provider list with no more than 12 providers

- a privacy URL must be provided withing the plugin properties

- app ID and publisher ID must be filled in

- there is now a separate apple and android app ID property ( the old property value has been changed to android app ID )

• thanks, I dont think there is an error with the plugin, just trying to find out what I have missed. The only thing I have not heard of is the custom provider list, is there any more info on this??

• I've just updated the manual entry for the mobile advert plugin with more details on GDPR compliance, which includes how to set a custom provider list.

• Thanks alot, and thanks for the speedy update!

• spoke too soon, I now have everything set up correctly, and used events:

on start of layout > is configured > create interstitial.

Works fine, but now 'interstitial failed' gets triggered. 'On interstitial ready' is not getting triggered. Any ideas what could be missing??

• Nepeo Hi, any other info regarding the advert situation? I have 4 games I am trying to launch but adverts wont show on any of them?

• Hi,

I face weird issue about MobileAdvert on new C3 stable version R120

I dont know if my issue is same with you guys.

I make a new thread

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/mobileadvert-stable-version-r1-138395

really confusing..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • shut the front door! Just opened my apk after a few days and the ads are working again! Must have been an Admob problem!

• Admob sometimes just doesn't send Ads, not really sure why. It's worth taking it into account when creating your events. In any of the error events you can check the reasons using the MobileAdvert.errormessage system expression.

pilpgam Admob pushed out an updated on Friday ( not cool ) which added a new setup step. If the setup step isn't completed they purposefully crash the app ( also not cool ) I can't figure out why they needed the step, it seems pretty pointless. I've pushed an update out to the build server to use the older version of Admob, so it should now be working again. Hopefully we will be using the latest version again in r122.

• Admob sometimes just doesn't send Ads, not really sure why. It's worth taking it into account when creating your events. In any of the error events you can check the reasons using the MobileAdvert.errormessage system expression.

pilpgam Admob pushed out an updated on Friday ( not cool ) which added a new setup step. If the setup step isn't completed they purposefully crash the app ( also not cool ) I can't figure out why they needed the step, it seems pretty pointless. I've pushed an update out to the build server to use the older version of Admob, so it should now be working again. Hopefully we will be using the latest version again in r122.

Thanks for the information.

I tried export the signed .apk and now.. it work

Thanks a lot for your work and helping us Nepeo :)

• Is the mobile advert plugin work with debuk apks?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)