New here! Need help? Yes! I'm asking about making drop down menu

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello everyone, i just using construct for my school homework. Can anyone help me show the way how a cursor can bring up a drop down menu when touching a button?

Please help me.. I have a deadline :'')

• you can use form controls, the dropdown is the object called "List".

but to make one with custom art and fonts is a lot more difficult.

• An easy (but not very good looking) solution is to put the dropdown menu on an invisible layer. When the button is clicked, make that layer visible.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just use fade and set it to different times.

Click a button and first menu line fades in in 0.5 seconds, second line in 0.75, third in one second and so on.

Obviously set opacity to 0 at the start of layout

• BadMario I like that idea! however I think you would need a state for each item - that tells whether it is already in its fading state so it doesn't restart fade midway and look awkward.

• Hm.. okok.. Yesterday I was learning about some codes used in construct. I'm starting to understand. I will try any kind of ways. Thank you for your suggestions.

• however I think you would need a state for each item - that tells whether it is already in its fading state so it doesn't restart fade midway and look awkward.

Just checking first and last item's opacity should do it.

Nothing happens between a click on menu button and last drop down item's opacity being at 100

And the other way around click does nothing until the top item is at opacity 0

• Thank you for your information!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)