Use the new Facebook Instant Games plugin?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • No instructions anywhere on how to use this in the latest construct 3 beta.

• This should be added on the C3 manual soon, I hope

• Was there something specific you wanted to know?

The tooltips are basically what you would find in a manual entry. The expressions don't have tooltips but the names are fairly self explanatory.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How would I export my game using this plugin?

• Games are supposed to be HTML 5 so I'm guessing just regular HTML 5 export

• Check out Instant Games documentation in order to see what kind of files they expect, and publish accordingly.

Apparently you have to make a Facebook app. So I guess this tutorial could be relevant : https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/58/how ... ebook-game

Otherwise, as mentioned, the manual is updated on stabler releases, and I guess a tutorial could be written at some point as well.

• Check out Instant Games documentation in order to see what kind of files they expect, and publish accordingly.

Apparently you have to make a Facebook app. So I guess this tutorial could be relevant : https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/58/how ... ebook-game

Otherwise, as mentioned, the manual is updated on stabler releases, and I guess a tutorial could be written at some point as well.

Maybe you you can also add a template directly in the editor for Instant games. Since I guess it should use special aspect ratios, using Touch-function etc

(Maybe also with the basic events for fetching leaderboard, post score etc..)

Just a tips

• I managed to get my game working on the platform. The 'Is Available' event triggers, but the share and invite functions don't work. The 'On error' don't trigger.

Maybe Ashley could help

• When testing it, it just stays stuck on 0% loaded screen?

Exported as a html5 zip, created an app, uploaded the zip, clicked push to testing.

[EDIT] Ahhhh so for future reference you have to push to production, not push to testing to TEST! Bit daft.

• Thank you all! Especially Liam for help.

Errors I was making: make sure you're using the Beta version (as of now) add both plugins (Facebook and Facebook Instant Games plugin).

Add the APP ID and the Secret. Upload the ZIP. Push to production (click the star next to your upload.)

Along left-side menu goto instant games - details - and Share it - I recommend sharing it with privacy Only Me - until you are ready to go public.

It will show in your timeline and be test-able there. Thanks all for help. The Dev Community is the BEST!

• Hi. I'm trying to display user's avatar in my FB instant game. Does anyone has experience with that? I've already added the Facebook plugin with appID and app secret. I tried to use it to log in then get user's avatar but it seems not work. Btw, I don't know if we need to log in when we already play instant game on our messages.

• Hi. I'm trying to display user's avatar in my FB instant game. Does anyone has experience with that? I've already added the Facebook plugin with appID and app secret. I tried to use it to log in then get user's avatar but it seems not work. Btw, I don't know if we need to log in when we already play instant game on our messages.

Profile picture? Put a sprite of the required dimensions on your layout to hold the picture. In code, use the sprite action Load Image with the parameters: instant games.playerphotourl, keep current size and anonymous.

You are not allowed to use Facebook API in an Instant Game. No other API at all are allowed for fetching user data.

So you should not use the FB plugin at all.

(You should fetch the player photo via Instant Games plugin instead)

• Thank guys! So we cannot use the multiplayer plugin either, right? I tested my game with multiplayer mode and it didn't work. How do you guys implement your multiplayer game?

• You are not allowed to use Facebook API in an Instant Game. No other API at all are allowed for fetching user data.

So you should not use the FB plugin at all.

(You should fetch the player photo via Instant Games plugin instead)

Are you sure about that fredriksthlm? I was reading a tutorial here that says to add the Facebook plugin as well as the instant games plugin to your C3 project.

You're saying only the Instant Games plugin is needed?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)