Neither 'On Collision' nor 'Overlaps at offset' works with moving platform

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Wanting to do a Shot n Run game easily? Here is your chance!
  • Hey all,

It seems neither 'On Collision' nor 'Overlaps at offset' will work when a platformer object hits a solid object while standing on a moving platform.

I made a very simple sample project to demonstrate - clicking on the blue block makes it move left, but when the player collides with the purple block the events do not trigger.

drive.google.com/file/d/1DcnX3D8Xer4BVSXJ10OzIMov8VkmTcN2/view

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think using 1 | -1 works here, it works if you split it up. I don't think Construct particularely likes | in many cases. Now as to why it doesn't detect a collision... no idea, but I'd guess it has someting to do with the inner workings of the platformer behavior? The platformer behavior also has a condition (is by wall) for checking this btw.

• I don't think using 1 | -1 works here, it works if you split it up. I don't think Construct particularely likes | in many cases. Now as to why it doesn't detect a collision... no idea, but I'd guess it has someting to do with the inner workings of the platformer behavior? The platformer behavior also has a condition (is by wall) for checking this btw.

Ah interesting, splitting it out does indeed work. I should have tried it :)

I'll do that moving forward. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)