Need help fixing my particles

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Particles support animations, collisions, effects and etc.
  • Hi,

I've been trying to get my particles to work now for some hours, but can't find a way to get it to work the way I want.

I've made a character with blinking eyes, it's just an animation which consists of multiple sprites. It keeps looping every few seconds. The problem is that I also tried to get some jump particles to work, when the player lands it plays the jump particles (particles 2 in the project).

The way I did this is via the condition "Platform on landed" > Spawn Particles on The Player at the custom ImagePoint that I made in the same animation as the Blink animation. But now every time when my character blinks it activates the jump particles too, while I only want them when I land of course..

Can anyone take a look at my project and give me a workaround?

drive.google.com/file/d/1M8ryypMuyhPKsYbzZdLzs9Lxp0jRgUX4/view

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The blobby shape of your player's collision is giving you problems.

Every frame's collision polygon is slightly different, so it creates tiny jumps of 1 pixel or so when the frames change. And so it triggers 'on landed'.

You can solve this by moving collision to a different object shaped as a simple box, and then having the animations as a separate object that always follows the position of the collision box.

See file:

drive.google.com/file/d/1dMko0lOL-CNtvMluPHi7G_HNX3hONvls/view

• It works great now, thank you! 😃 I would’ve never thought about the collisions being the problem here. Always great to learn something new!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)