How do I get myself out of the mini mess I made in the Events tab?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
14 amazing sound files of game events like Level Ups, Level Completes, object spawn, object taking etc.
  • A bit of hyperbole there, as I don't think this is all that bad. Nonetheless, I cannot get this to work!

Below is a simple test image. I'm simply trying to make a football move forward (or backwards) based on a random interval. That part is working fine.

The issue I am having is that I want to have my scoreboard update the down and distance to go based on the NetGain variable. The scoreboard starts at 1st and 10, and here is what I'm trying to get to work:

1) If the random NetGain number is greater than ToGo, then it's a first down! Therefore, I want the scoreboard to indicate 1 for Down and 10 for ToGo.

2) If the random NetGain is less than ToGo, we simply add +1 to down (max of 4) and then subtract the NetGain from ToGo to show the remaining yardage left for a first down.

This is something obvious I'm messing up with the ordering of things and an understanding of the Event situations hierarchy. I've read the manual on this section multiple times, but it doesn't seem to align with what I am doing, exactly.

Thank you for the help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You didn't say what the problem is or what the expected outcome is and where it's gone wrong. I noticed though the text events if that using the same object then it's going to overwrite itself each time you call that action but I don't know if the problem is with displayed text.

• Thank you. Those scoreboard texts are actually more than one item, but it does look confusing in the image because they are named things like "ScoreboardDown" and ScoreboardToGo", etc.

I'm a bit deeper into this now, and have a duplicate thread (didn't realize posts needed to be approved) that I'll move the discussion to:

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/trouble-learning-event-sheet-175175

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)