How do I make music loop seamlessly?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
SynthWave Loop Pack includes 68 seamless loops, founded on 11 original melodies.
  • I'm used to doing looped music with OGG files in Audacity (loopstart / looplength) but Construct 3 seems to get rid of this when importing music.

I read in the help docs that the OPUS format is the most recommended as it will "just copy the file to the project", so I got the official opus tools to convert my audio into .opus, but Construct will not just "copy" the file, it still re-encodes my .opus file to a new bitrate selectable in the import menu, and becomes a .webm file, with loop points removed. (I noticed if I just download my re-encoded .webm file from the project and reupload that, it will actually just get "copied" so I guess I don't have an opus converter that Construct 3 can accept immediately)

I also can't rely on the .webm audio to just loop without loop points because I will hear a little "gap" between when it reaches the end and when it begins again.

Wouldn't mind if Construct 3 just had a loopstart / loopend feature there in the music preview or something.

Thanks!

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • you can play the music every x seconds by calculating the exact time the music ends

• Hmmm, that's an interesting option.

When I use that, it eliminates the "gap" almost completely, unlike all the other things I tried.

But sadly it's not viable, because having the window focused or not at launch can affect this time calculation and end up looping at the wrong part of the song when you do click it to focus. (I think framerate my screw things up too, but I'm not sure).

I'm really starting to wonder if Construct 3 is going to have to implement it's own loop system that's better designed for this kind of thing.

I suspect Construct is adding the little "gap" at the beginning of my songs after rencoding, and I still have no idea how to make my own webm files that do not need re-encoding.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)