How do I get multiplayer to work with IOS Safari and Android?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • I am working on a multiplayer game, using the official multiplayer plugin. The game is supposed to be played in a local gaming environment with a laptop as the host and iPads as peers. All devices are connected to corporate wifi which only allows internet traffic through a proxy.

Using PC as a host, a Peer PC can connect with no issues. However mobile devices (iPad IOS 12.1.3 and Android 8.0) cannot connect.

I connected all devices (PC host and mobile peers) to a mobile hotspot, thereby removing the restricted network factor and still the mobile devices cannot connect.

Then I tested with the official Multiplayer Real-Time game examplehttps://editor.construct.net/#open=multiplayer-game and still the issue persists.

Can anybody help? Prior to this I have already set up a TURN server to no difference in results, before starting the fresh example above on a public internet connection, to discover (at least it seems to me) that the mobile devices won't join the game no matter what.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is there an answer / solution to this question?

• Is there an answer / solution to this question? pinoypixel

You need a STUN/TURN server for this issue.

• I'm having this problem as well, tried debugging for 2 days, turns out it was Chrome on PC cant work with mobile devices' browsers.

When I switched my pc browser to firefox, it worked well on mobile device's browsers.

Hope this helps you guys

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)