Multiplayer RTS Problem C3

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
10 isometric and animated Strategy Game Buildings in two Colors.
  • Hello all,

I have played around with construct on and off for the last 5 years or so. I am completely new to the multiplayer side of things and have run into a problem. I am trying to create a simple multiplayer RTS game for myself and a friend but I am unsure how the process of placing buildings would work. So I know I need to somehow get the peer to tell the host to place a building and then relay that back to the peer. Along with the placed building then being linked to only allow the peer to access its options.

The problems I am coming across are:

I cannot figure out how to get the host to place the building based on the peers actions and link it to the peer at the same time.

I cannot seem to get the placed buildings to show for both players even when it is just the host placing it as normal, without the instruction being sent from the peer.

Does anyone have any ideas that may help?

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "...placed buildings to show for both players..." - Is your building object synced?

"...host to place the building based on the peers actions..." - Peer message to host, I want to put x building at y location. Host checks for validity, if possible place/create the building. If not, message peer back with error.

"...and link it to the peer at the same time." - Add an "owner" instance variable. When creating the building, set "owner" to the Multiplayer.FromID from the on message received event (the one requesting to build the building).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)