How do I Multiplayer Goomba Behavior?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Howdy, I'm working on a multiplayer game, where I need a goomba behavior where players can stomp on each other to stun their opponent.

I'm calling this action via On peer collision with peer, but I need to check to find the peer with the lower Y value and make sure they're falling and not just running into them. Then I need to get the peerid variables for the attacker and victim so I can then call a function that makes the attacker change Y vector and the victim flash and stop moving for a moment, etc.

This is also going to be 4 player, so I can't just peer(0).y and peer(1).y this.

Help pls and thank you in advance!

• Regardless of multiplayer, when working with picking for collisions between multiple instances of the same object, the general way to proceed is to put the object in a family and use on object collides with family rather than on object collides with object. Then you can differentiate between the two instances colliding by using the object.y and family.y expressions.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Regardless of multiplayer, when working with picking for collisions between multiple instances of the same object, the general way to proceed is to put the object in a family and use on object collides with family rather than on object collides with object. Then you can differentiate between the two instances colliding by using the object.y and family.y expressions.

This sounds promising, I'll give it a try :D Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)