Moving Solids against Platformers

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
10 Retro songs ideal for platformers or farming games
  • Hi, posted about this a while back in C2's forum but couldn't find an answer so I decided to try reproducing it in C3.

While trying to implement a wall slide, I noticed that an object with the platform behavior is pushed around differently depending on whether a solid tile is moving right or left.

The Platformer object is pushed upwards if it slides against a solid object moving right, and pushed downwards when the object is moving left. (the solid object in question is just using a horizontal sine behavior with bounding box collision)

Here's the event sheet I'm using with the sample platformer project:

(I've tried it with gravity instead of vector y also, but the same issue persists. Have also tried forcing vector y from going above 0, but it also didn't work.)

I'd like to get it to behave similarly to how it does against an unmoving solid object.

• This is because of how the pushOutSolid function works - a hidden function in the runtime that is used a lot by the platform behavior. The only alternative would be to write your own push-out system using events (ouch) that caters for the type of movement you're looking to create.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Colludium does not say this, but its behavior Platform2 solves this problem.

• Colludium does not say this, but its behavior Platform2 solves this problem.

Too kind!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)