Is there a way to use 'MoveTo' behavior along a Timeline using Cubic Bezier?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • I'm experimenting with MoveTo and Timelines for a few Cutscenes, but I am stuck!

I have a Sprite that requires MoveTo.MovingAngle to direct it's animation to face the correct way. The problem is that (so far) I can't see that there is any way to get the "MoveTo: Move along timeline" to use the Cubic Bezier Path - this defaults to just a direct line path to each waypoint.

Am I stuck adding a bunch of additional waypoints to simulate a smooth curve, or is there a way to use MoveTo with a Cubic Bezier Timeline track?

Thanks!

• I don't know if it's possible.

You can move the object directly with timeline, and it will follow the Bezier path. No need to use MoveTo behavior.

• I don't know if it's possible.

You can move the object directly with timeline, and it will follow the Bezier path. No need to use MoveTo behavior.

Thanks for the reply, dop2000 - more or less you have confirmed what I have found so far, however as I said in my post, my Sprite relies on MoveTo to determine movement angle, which sets the correct directional animation. So far I have not found a way to determine an object's movement trajectory and/or angle while using the Timeline to move it.

Unless I can find a way to check a Timeline object's moving angle on the fly, I might be out of luck.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's possible to determine moving angle - add two variables to store object previous position. On every tick calculate moving angle = angle(prevX, prevY, Sprite.x, Sprite.y), and then set prevX to Sprite.x, set prevY to Sprite.y

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)