How do I use the mobile advert plugin properly for users below 13?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Hello,

Can anyone verify my understanding of the following actions in the MobileAdvert plugin? I did my research but just want to make sure my understanding and use of the plugin is correct because I don't want to be banned by Admob.

Set max advert content rating

• For filtering the type of ads, based on age group, to serve to the player.
    • Not a global configuration. Has to be set every time before creating an advert.

Tag for child directed treatment

• Purpose is to not share user information to ad networks for users under 13. Does not really filter the type of ads server.
    • Not a global configuration. Has to be set every time before creating an advert.

Tag for under age of consent

• Basically the same as Tag for child directed treatment, but for EU.
    • Should not be used together with Tag for child directed treatment.

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looking at the use of Admob SDK with Android, it looks like tagForChildDirectedTreatment or tagForUnderAgeOfConstent is set for every AdRequest.

If I were to translate that to Construct, I think I should call tagForChildDirectedTreatment, or tagForUnderAgeOfConstent, before creating an Ad. Is my understanding correct?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)