How do I Make a mix of inventory system and weapon swap?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 capx code source to post on Google Play
  • Hey people.

Does anyone know how to set up a one-handed weapon exchange system, for each hand?

So, for example:

By clicking "Q", change the weapons of each hand, to another weapon that will be applied in each hand.

And the weapons will only be applied/deposited in the player's "array" or "dictionary", if you complete a certain level.

I have a weapon swap system when completing stages, but it only works with "a specific stage"... If I put more stages with new weapons, it wouldn't work...

I'll send the code of what I already have ready. I hope it's understandable..

imgur.com/bCkE2uc

imgur.com/ZE8RRS9

imgur.com/1ENfmZT

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sounds like the design is in your head and you didn't do a good job of explaining it. I read it several times, no idea...

• Sure, I will try again.

I will edit this post for the containing informations

Edit: I have 6 phases. (restaurants)

Each restaurant currently has 4 levels. (level)

At level 2 or 3 or 4 of each restaurant, you get a weapon. (Guns)

At the moment, the weapons are in the same sprite, but in different animations.

I, using a reference video to create the weapon exchange system: youtu.be/Us6aTgpreQ4

I managed to make them unlocked only when reaching the "X" LEVEL of restaurant number 1. (for now there is only 1 restaurant)

The main problem, is that I want, for example:

- When you have two restaurants, it will not be possible (due to the difficulty) to complete all levels of it in sequence.

- Soon you will have to do level 1 of an restaurant and then level 1 of another restaurant.

- The issue is that I can't store the weapons, so that with a "Q" click, it:

. . . . . Switch from level 1 weapon of restaurant "X" to weapon 1 of restaurant "Y".

Maybe this mechanic doesn't work very well.....

So it would probably be better to have a mechanic like this:

- An inventory where you equip a sequence of 4 weapons.

And by clicking on the "Q" or "E" button you replace the weapon that was in the Number 1 Value of the equipment, by the number 2 or 4 weapon.

What do you think, better the second idea, no?

• So you are saying different weapons are available in stage 1 and stage 2? Well you can use the same mechanic and fill the weapon array with the correct weapons on start of the stage selected. Or if you want them in the array all the time you can use columns so stage 1 weapons are in Y=0 and stage 2 weapons are in Y=1 for example.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)