Missing multiplayer functionality?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Construct 3 - Multiplayer P2P

Hello, not being familiar with the multiplayer plugin, I wondered if it was possible to synchronize peers only when the host decides.

I thought about connecting each peer individually with the host but apparently that's not possible without leaving the current room.

I would really appreciate using the functions provided with the plugin such as sync obj, predicate input, etc... rather than sending a "Message" which would be poorly optimized for position, variable...

Why not sync them all the time?

Because it will allow both to optimize sending on demand and to add protection against cheating such as wallhack.

• Construct 3 - Multiplayer P2P

Hello, not being familiar with the multiplayer plugin, I wondered if it was possible to synchronize peers only when the host decides.

I thought about connecting each peer individually with the host but apparently that's not possible without leaving the current room.

I would really appreciate using the functions provided with the plugin such as sync obj, predicate input, etc... rather than sending a "Message" which would be poorly optimized for position, variable...

Why not sync them all the time?

Because it will allow both to optimize sending on demand and to add protection against cheating such as wallhack.

Are you using the official multiplayer plugin?

I think you can achieve what you are looking for with Photon or Playfab, it is better for a real multiplayer game. You can get Photon plugin for c3 free, Playfab is free if you add it yourself using javascript, or you can get Chadoris PlayFab Plugin.

Both of the above is FREE up to about 100 users.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • As noted in the manual, Sync object does not send data all the time, and you can also adjust the frequency of messaging yourself too with the bandwidth setting. In the lowest bandwidth mode, or if none of the data is changing, it will only send a message every 2 seconds, which is a tiny amount of bandwidth but still enough to bring any new joining peers up-to-date quickly. So it already automatically optimizes to only send on demand.

I'm not aware that adjusting the frequency of messages has any bearing on cheating. Usually the authoritative host model is the best mitigation for that, which is the architecture the Multiplayer feature uses.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)