Mesh & Geometry question

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Addition, subtraction and multiplication are supported. Endless replayability.
  • How I can make level like this:

I tried to use mesh deformation

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/o156htkng7vacwkjs1b0y/Mesh.c3p

The main difficulty is in making smooth transitions. O know about "lerp" expression, but I don't know how to apply this. Does anyone have any ideas how to create a level like on the first picture?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How I can make level like this:

I tried to use mesh deformation

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/o156htkng7vacwkjs1b0y/Mesh.c3p

The main difficulty is in making smooth transitions. O know about "lerp" expression, but I don't know how to apply this. Does anyone have any ideas how to create a level like on the first picture?

Instead of lerp, use quarp or cubic. For quarp you need 3 points p1xy = loop-1 ,p2xy = loop ,p3xy = loop+1 , and for cubic 4 p1xy = loop-1 ,p2xy = loop ,p3xy = loop+1, p4xy = loop+2

Also, could try this howtoconstructdemos.com/bend-a-sprite

• You can think of it as an xy graph. For each x position you have a formula for y.

What you have now is basically y=random() which will be jagged no matter what. You can smooth the random by storing random values in a lower resolution array and interpolating with more mesh points.

So roughly you could have an array with 10 random(-100,100) values and with 100 mesh points you could read from that.

t = loopindex/100*10

Y = cosp(array.at(int(t)), array.at(int(t)+1), t-int(t))

Another is to just jam a bunch of sines together with different frequencies, amplitudes and offsets.

Y=50*sin(x/50)+ 25*sin(x/13+33)+10*sin(x*5+100)

Just fiddle with all the values and/or add more sin() till you get a shape you like.

Another option is to use the advanced random function. With it it has a perlin noise function which is a smoother noise.

Y= noise(x*k)*100

Where k is a value to tune the frequency.

The last step would be convert that to distort mesh units.

X = loopindex/N*sprite.width+sprite.x

Y = whatever function you decide to use

Set mesh point (loopindex,0) absolute (loopindex/N, (Y-sprite.y)/sprite.height

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)