Match animation frame

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Selection frame like in RTS games, works both on mobile and desktop devices.
  • Hello guys,

I´m doing a megaman style game, I have two animations: one running, and another running with the gun.

when I switch from run, to run with the gun, depends of the frame looks weird, because each animations starts from the beggining.

The question is, how the two animations have the same lengh. Is there any way to match the frame number of the previous animation with the new one?

I really appreciate any help.

Thank you so much!

Tagged:

• When you use the "Set Animation" action, you should be able to choose "current frame" instead of from "beginning".

If your two animations are identical apart from the gun being raised, and have the same animation speed, this should align them.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello brushfe I really appreciate your solution, I tried in a new project and I think its works correctly.

The problem I have is that I´m using a timer to lets say start the animation, and somehow when I switch from "run" to "run_shoot" the animation stucks, I think is because that timer. Can you please take a look to the code and tell me what is wrong?

• It was getting tough to write my reply in a post, so I've included a project file instead.

drive.google.com/file/d/1IJ_qGf-QpLqc7tWqky5CYzlBKM7GipWK/view

The basic premise is to use a "shooting" boolean variable (0 for not shooting, 1 for shooting) at the end of animation names. So "jump0" is jumping without shooting, "jump1" is jumping and shooting.

This way you can switch between any animation's shoot/non-shoot variations whenever your timer expires.

Hopefully the project file is clear, let me know if it helps!

• thank you so much brushfe I´m running the file and trying to understand the process.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)