How Do I Mass Export Instances to Create Game Art

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • I've been blocking out levels of my platformer game using multiple sprite instances, which I then resize, tweak and rotate until I'm happy with the feel of the level.

For the final product, I'd like to use them as transparent hitboxes and use an image over the top to represent the actual level that the player will see.

In order to do this, I assume I'd need to export all the instances with all their individual positions, sizes, angles, etc. into Photoshop and draw the art over them. Is it possible to do this and if so, how?

(I've included an example layout below if that's useful. I'm not using grids as I want the levels to feel dynamic and unique, so I can't make tiles.)

drive.google.com/file/d/1nAXZ80KZE24Me8ji0WXwSt_InuwXcZ9q/view

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Alternatively, if anyone has any suggestions for other ways I could achieve this, please let me know.

• I mean you can do what you did there, screenshot the layout. You could then crop it to the layout area and scale it to what you have as the layout size in the image editor.

An event way to possibly do it to set the canvas size to be the same as the layout size and use the snapshot canvas action to get an image. There may be some finickiness to deal with such as waiting a tick for things to update before snapshotting. You may also need to turn off full screen scaling. There may be other issues but i'm not sure. I've had issues in the past of capturing everything that way.

Another way to snapshot the canvas one screen at a time, and then piece them together later.

Either way you may end up with a rather large image which will be slower to download and take up more vram. It doesn't mean you can't do it but generally most games have reusable images that they place all over the level for decorations.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)