I want to use and manage visibility with hiararchies

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • Hi, like the title suggests, I'm want to create a game in which a menu displays on the right-hand side of the screen. Depending on which button is being clicked on the menu, I want the menu to change to another. For instance, if I were to be on the Construction tab, I should be able to press the Status tab and it should display the Status tab instead of the Construction tab.

Currently, I'm using individual object to create the menus I want and using hierarchies to group them together. However, even though hierarchies say child objects are tied to the properties of the parent objects, when I try to make a menu invisible, it instead just makes the parents invisible and leaves the children visible. Attached is a picture of what that looks like versus what it looks like on the work layout.

I'll also attach the vestiges of code I've done for this project in hope to express what I want in much easier ways.

drive.google.com/file/d/1z5LjjivdhJaT4A442GQxM7ycJ-avotiS/view

Thanks!

EvieSupreme

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Please vote for this idea:

construct3-21h2.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C321H2-I-125

I suggest a slightly different approach - instead of making the inactive menus invisible, remove them from the screen. This is what I do in my projects.

I have an invisible object MenuPanel, which is used as a parent object in all menu hierarchies. So when I need to display one menu, I move its MenuPanel to the screen, and move all other MenuPanels to position (-999999, -999999).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)