Any luck changing the format of GameRecorder object to MP4? Is this broke?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A collection of well organized sprites to build your own Xmas Luck slot game
  • I've used the sample project (Screen Recording Example) and have tried changing the format of the GameRecorder object from Auto to MPEG-4 H264 on both the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox and both give the error of

'MediaRecorder': Failed to initialize native MediaRecorder the type provided (video/mp4) is not supported.

Doesn't make much sense because it's an option to select. Has anyone seen this work? Am I missing something?

Chrome supports MP4 and so does the newest Firefox.

• The video encode formats depend on the browser, and you can see which are supported in the About dialog of Construct. Note browsers support different encode formats to decode formats - for example Chrome can decode MP4 but only supports encoding WebM. The default "Auto" option is a good default as it will use a format that works, and if you manually change it to an option that is not supported it will not work. You can also try recording a WebM video and use external video tools to transcode it to MP4.

• Alright but what browsers DO support encoding to MP4?

So Chrome, Edge, and Firefox do not.

I tried with Safari and no luck either.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I thought Safari did support it.

Either way, you can record a WebM video and convert it afterwards with a tool like ffmpeg or some of the free online services that can do video conversion.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)