While Loop Stopped Working After Reopening Project [FIXED]

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
SynthWave Loop Pack includes 68 seamless loops, founded on 11 original melodies.
  • Hi! After reloading my save for whatever reason my While Loop is now broken.

[Please read reply to see how fixed, compare both images for context]

Oddly my While Loop was functioning completely fine. After reopening my session it's acting as though it never worked.

I have a debug to show whether my conditions are true or not and if incrementing is occurring. Before closing my session, I can see it was incrementing every second. Even when the whole phase restarts, the event loops as I thought it should.

After reopening the project the debug text shows incrementation is only going up by 1 and stays at 1 unless I restart the layout preview.

What I tried:

My backup is unfortunately 10-15 minutes older than the main project save so I'm missing information compared to the most recent one. I remember clearly saving before closing. In theory this loop should be the same as when it was working completely fin. Unless there was a save problem (couldn't find forum posts about project saves missing information).

After reading several Loop forum posts and documentation I'm stuck figuring out what's wrong with this loop. Knowing that Loops can be tricky, is there anything I should try here?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • FIXED: Before saving I moved the global variable into the group folder which turned it into a local variable... I had no idea you can convert your global variables when put into a group folder...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)