How do I loop through an array?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
"Epic Clash of Destiny" Dramatic Battle Music Loop Asset
  • I have created a set of array values as follows:

Array","parameters":{"x":"0","y":"0","value":"2"}

Array","parameters":{"x":"0","y":"1","value":"1"}

Array","parameters":{"x":"0","y":"2","value":"3"}

I want to loop through each values "2,1,3) on the click of a button so each values is used in a global variable.

On button click

For unknown reason, this only picks the first value which is 2 and ignores the rest 1,3.

• Move the values to 1,0 2,0 and 3,0. You're running through each X but only use X=0

• I did try that at first but in debug mode, the array shows you this:

Data: 2,0,0

instead of 2,1,3

• You didn't say how you are adding data to the array, share those events

• I am adding the values like this for a test.

• And let's see a screenshot of the array in debug view

• Array in debug mode

I just replaced the values 2,1,3 with 2,4,6

• The array looks correct so the problem is whatever you're doing with that function and you have a wait before it that's never good because the loop can finish before you run the function the first time.

• Ah I see what you mean. So how do I tell the loop to wait for the first loop to finish before the second etc?

• Does it need to wait? What are you doing with the function because I thought you are just setting array value to a global variable.

• The function is to play a sound.

I have a function that has 3 sub-events

Each sub event is checking for the value of the global variable called buttonclicked. So if buttonclicked = the first array value 2, then it plays a sound I need it to play.

So I expect it to play sound 2, followed by sound 3 etc.

• You could probs do it all in one function, check for value at X of the array which is a global variable counter starting at 0, lets call it arrcount. In the function set a local variable to array.at(arrcount), then run your sound checks. Then wait as long as you want, add 1 to arrcount and call the function again.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh and add a while arrcount is less than something so it doesn't keep calling the function.

• I have tried your suggestion but stuck with one issue. I created 3 functions each to play different sounds.

Func_1 - Play sound 1

Func_2 - Play sound 2

Func_3 - Play sound 3

On button click AND system for Array.At(arrcount) from 1 to 5 - xxxx

I am stuck here on how to call the correct func using this "Func_"&"Array.CurValue"

• No need to use functions, just conditions within that one function, if local var is 1 then play sound 1 etc

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)