Can no longer open project folder...

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Hi! I just updated my computer and now I Construct says it "Failed to open project. Check it is a valid Construct 3 folder project." When I try to open my project. I don't have a c3p file version saved anywhere- only the project folder.

Help much appreciated. Not sure if this helps but here's the console errors.

• Can you see these files in the objectTypes folder - text.json, timeline.json, sprite3.json etc?

• Hi! Thanks for the reply. Yes I have all of those files. I have multiple versions of some of them though. Not sure if that's normal. For instance I have "text.json" file and also a file called "text 2.json" There is a random space between between "text" and "2" in this case and I'm seeing that repeated in other file names throughout the folder. Seems a bit weird but I'm not sure.

• Oh- it does appear that the files with the exact names you mentioned have nothing in them though. Could that be the problem?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You mean the files are empty (with size 0 bytes)? In this case yet, this is definitely wrong.

Are the duplicate files (for example text 2.json) also empty? If not, you can try renaming them. Make a backup copy of the project just in case.

• Renaming things worked! Thank you SO much! No idea what happened, but crisis averted. Thanks!!!

• Glad it worked! I highly recommend setting up automatic backup in Construct settings.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)