How do I make a login/make an account system?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • I have no experience in this, I don't know how to code and I wanted to know if I can make a simple login system with entering a password or username and a simple start up system if you don't have an account with setting up a password and username. I am hoping to do this only using constructs events and action system but if that is not possible I would like to know the simplest way out of all possible answers for somebody with no coding experience (except smallbasic but I don't think that will be useful)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The simplest system would be local, using the localstorage plugin.

The username would be the key, and the password would be the value. Upon a user entering their username and password, you would check if that key/username exists. If it does, check if the value/password matches, then proceed or stop. If the key/username does not exist, write it to localstorage.

• The simplest system would be local, using the localstorage plugin.

The username would be the key, and the password would be the value. Upon a user entering their username and password, you would check if that key/username exists. If it does, check if the value/password matches, then proceed or stop. If the key/username does not exist, write it to localstorage.

Ok, would this work in an online game so you can log into your account and other players can see your username? (above your sprite)

• Technically yes in that you would be able to make a multiplayer game where others can see your user name, but definitely no to the application you're implying. The particular solution I mentioned would be local to each device only, so there would be no shared database of usernames and passwords across the internet.

If you want to make an online game, you'll need a server or other third party service/backend database to store and authenticate usernames and passwords, which may be beyond the scope of the average user on these forums. You have a lot of options out there, but I'd recommend using something like the google play game services or the facebook plugin rather than trying to build your own.

• Technically yes in that you would be able to make a multiplayer game where others can see your user name, but definitely no to the application you're implying. The particular solution I mentioned would be local to each device only, so there would be no shared database of usernames and passwords across the internet.

If you want to make an online game, you'll need a server or other third party service/backend database to store and authenticate usernames and passwords, which may be beyond the scope of the average user on these forums. You have a lot of options out there, but I'd recommend using something like the google play game services or the facebook plugin rather than trying to build your own.

Oh my game is for google play and I just realised I will probably (if I can) link there account to their google play account instead of making a complex system.

• I built a couple of games with online login/accounts and if you don't have much experience with this prepare yourself for some significant headache.

Fortunately the backend-as-a-service solutions normally handle various aspects of authentication security for you.

Yes there are multiple services (playfab, firebase); the easiest I found is Parse Server that you can deploy e.g. on back4app - but easiest by no means means easy. You'd have to interface with it using C3's JavaScript code.

That said, for a recent project (not in C3 though) I got tired of managing user logic and rolled back to Apple Game Center/Google Play for leaderboards etc; and local storage for any data. Way simpler and more manageable. Additionally if you plan on releasing to the Appstore you need to account for other stuff, like app rejection based on required login.

All in all I'd stay clear of this unless really needed.

• I built a couple of games with online login/accounts and if you don't have much experience with this prepare yourself for some significant headache.

Fortunately the backend-as-a-service solutions normally handle various aspects of authentication security for you.

Yes there are multiple services (playfab, firebase); the easiest I found is Parse Server that you can deploy e.g. on back4app - but easiest by no means means easy. You'd have to interface with it using C3's JavaScript code.

That said, for a recent project (not in C3 though) I got tired of managing user logic and rolled back to Apple Game Center/Google Play for leaderboards etc; and local storage for any data. Way simpler and more manageable. Additionally if you plan on releasing to the Appstore you need to account for other stuff, like app rejection based on required login.

All in all I'd stay clear of this unless really needed.

Ok. Though I will need to add it at some point

• Hi, you can check out the PlayFab Master Collection if it fits your needs. Already 2 years in its development to work with Construct 3 and Construct 2.

It handles everything for you, account management, player management and other online backend features.

• Hi, you can check out the PlayFab Master Collection if it fits your needs. Already 2 years in its development to work with Construct 3 and Construct 2.

It handles everything for you, account management, player management and other online backend features.

Oh wow thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)