Locked screen for a boss battle?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Hey all,

I'm currently making a 2D sidescroller and am trying to get the camera position to pick up the player and boss in a Cuphead style. (player on the left, boss on the right)

The way I have the camera set up currently, cuts out the boss, I want him in the screen. Any idea how I can get this shot?

I've attached the image of what it looks like rn, ill also attach my construct file if anyone is able to help! im new to this, so thank you for your help.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1An5fGaK-UywsKm8Y4ag_9zXZnDELuerd

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I might not be understanding correctly but the screenshot shows the player on the left and the boss on the right and it's the same in game so I can't see an issue?

• You likely want to add an instance variable (boolean) to the camera.

Most of the time, the value is false, the camera is set to the player's position.

When true (boss time), you want to position the camera at a fixed position.

You may want to check the template Monk Fight which has such a camera that will follow the player around, and at time set a "fixed" area for battle.

editor.construct.net

• Thanks so much for the help!

I've done what you have suggested and have even followed the steps from the Construct file you have sent, but I still can't seem to get it right :\ def more challenging than i thought it would be

Would u be able to look over my code or file and let me know what I'm doing wrong, and how I can correct it?

Thank you!

game file - drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1An5fGaK-UywsKm8Y4ag_9zXZnDELuerd

• Apparently you have just copied the code without trying to apply it to the specificities of your project.

Event 10 you are setting your camera's position.

This action should rather be in event 46 when Scrolling is true.

Also, you need to set a "trigger" (which Zone is supposed to be to a certain point) to indicate you want the Scrolling to become false, and the camera to move to a certain position on screen.

• Sorry to keep bumping this, but I am having some real struggles trynna figure this out.

I have now set up my camera to be in position when scrolling is true, and have even created ID's for each zone. However, I am confused how to create a trigger, and where to put this action?

Am I on the right track?

drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1An5fGaK-UywsKm8Y4ag_9zXZnDELuerd

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)