How do I get a 'loading' animation to animate while the next page is loading?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • C3/Mobile game

Forgive me, I haven't used C3 in 4 months and now I have 3 projects going and I'm a little muddled.

This game has a landing page, a menu page and a game page.

On the menu page, the player puts in a code and it goes to the game page, but it takes about 10 seconds for the game page to open - it's a bit large.

So, I thought I'd put in a little animation so after the player puts in their code the animation will play and the player will know it's loading the game.

The problem is, the graphic appears, but it doesn't animate.

If I just put the graphic on the screen, it animates right up until the player presses enter, then the graphic stops animating.

I'm thinking it's because the game is going to the next layout, so it stops all the animation, but if that's so, how do I make a 'loading' animation animate?

Thank you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • When changing layouts, all the necessary resources for the next layout are loaded into memory. If the amount is significant, this can cause a freeze during loading/changing layouts.

To prevent this, you'll need to load the assets needed for the following layout during the current layout, since assets in use for both layouts are not unloaded from memory when changing layouts.

I would try do this by using load sprite from url. I believe you can also create the object that wasn't originally placed in the layout editor to load it into memory, but I'm not sure.

As you load sprites in, assuming you don't try to do them all at once in a single tick, your animation should still play. Change layouts after you've got everything already loaded into memory.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)