How do I load image points?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Hi,

I am quite new to Construct and I think I am failing to do something simple. I didn't find any topics talking about it.

What I am trying to do is: I want my player (represented as a sprite) to move from image point to image point on an image representing a path (also a sprite), in a given order like following predefined steps. But I want the player to be able to do this on multiple paths, choosing from a gallery. So, when the player chooses one path A, I need to load the image of path A (from url or file) and the image points of path A.

What I managed to do: The moving part is ok, as long as I built the image points manually in the sprite hosting the path image. I can load another image but the image points stay the same (which is normal obviously, but not what I want).

My questions: am I using the right tools (sprite and image points) to do this? is there a way to do what I want that is simple enough for a beginner?

I hope I am clear enough for you to help me, but I am available if you have questions.

Thank you!

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you don't have many images in the gallery and it doesn't change, you can use this approach, just create separate frame/animation in the sprite for each map and define image points there. When user picks a map, set the correct frame and load image.

Otherwise you need to create some sort of array which will store "path points" for each map. This can be a JSON file for example, which you load together with the map image.

• Hi,

Sorry for the late answer and thank you for your reply.

I started exploring the array idea while waiting for an answer (I thought of it after posting), but I find it less elegant...

I don't think I will have a lot of images so I will try and learn about frames! Thanks again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)