Is there a way to limit visibility of a Scirra Arcade game?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Quickly disable all TNT barrels or everyone will be in danger!
  • Hi all,

is it possible to publish a game to Scirra Arcade in a way that permits just users having some kind of direct link/password/whatever so that just limited amount of people could see/play it?

There are test/educational projects to show to just few people and not to share with everyone because of number of reasons, so is it possible to do it with Scirra Arcade?

• Just don't use the Scirra arcade.

There's literally thousands of places to put you game on the net.

If you need to show it without making it public you can use the remote preview.

Of course that requires a paid plan.

Then again its best to think of the free version as just a way to try it out.

• I'm not sure if there is such an option on arcade.

But you can make a simple starting layout with "Text input" object. Make up a password, add the condition to check if text in Text input equals to your password, and if it does - proceed to the actual starting layout. In this case the game will still be visible to other players on arcade, they just won't be able to access the content behind the password.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for your advice. I understand there are 3rd-party places to use as a hosting; the question was for a paid personal license and the remote preview looks OK for "plan B", but it is intended for short-time remote preview, while I was looking for a way to share the project for some limited amount of people for prolonged period of time, possibly days.

• I'm not sure if there is such an option on arcade.

But you can make a simple starting layout with "Text input" object. Make up a password, add the condition to check if text in Text input equals to your password

That's an interesting option, thanks. Not sure if there's some pre-publish review preventing doing so.

• global text variable = your password stored in game (or hash key)

text input as 1st layout when game loads that requires the input.value to match the global text variable.

if they match u go forward to the main screen if they don't match do nothing.

• If you go to game settings, you can set privacy to either public, private URL or private where you specify username's/IPs that can access the game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)