Light

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Immerse your quiz games with our 6 unique music loops, ranging from acoustic chill guitar to cute and upbeat style.
  • How to create lighting that doesn't go through walls but still illuminates the walls themselves?

I'm sorry if the question is unclear, I used the GPT chat

Tagged:

• Chat gpt created the question? That’s a new one. I thought people used it to get answers. Any particular reason you don’t just ask the question directly? I may just be confused though.

Anyways, since construct is a 2d engine you can use the shadow caster behavior to do shadows. But since you write walls maybe you mean on a 3d shape? In which case it’s a pain to do since the engine isn’t built for it. But search the forum and you can find some complicated solutions of sorts.

• Chat gpt created the question? That’s a new one. I thought people used it to get answers. Any particular reason you don’t just ask the question directly? I may just be confused though.

Anyways, since construct is a 2d engine you can use the shadow caster behavior to do shadows. But since you write walls maybe you mean on a 3d shape? In which case it’s a pain to do since the engine isn’t built for it. But search the forum and you can find some complicated solutions of sorts.

I translated the question into English using Chat GPT, because Google doesn't always translate well. And the question belongs to me

The walls are not 3D, just 2d walls. I want the light does not pass through them and not be able to see what's behind the wall and see the texture of the wall itself

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That’s trickier. One quick way could be to use the line of sight behavior to see if a wall can be seen by the player and if it is move the wall to a layer above the shadows.

Otherwise I’d give it more thought and do the shadows another way. Probably drawing them with the canvas plug-in.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)