How do I make ( level lock and unlock ) ?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Unlock Levels, Worlds & skin plus add coins by watching ads
  • Hello everyone

i'm looking for simple tutorial to make level lock and unlock for my game.

i watched many totrial but none of them explain the progress clearly :(

also i want to save the unlock and progress using ( local storage )

i'm beginner So I don't want anything complicated.

please help

• Hi, there's multiple methods, one I use is the dictionary method, I create a key for each level and set the content to 0 if locked, and 1 if unlocked, you can change the key of the next level when the current level is completed for example; on the level select menu, on start of layout, check the content of each key, and enable the buttons that corresponds to each level; you can later save the dictionary as json with local storage, there's already tutorials covering this;

Edit : if I have time today I'll make an example file, also I don't believe there is a "simple" way for that specific feature, but that's a good way to learn more stuff

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you very much

i will try to do this

I wish that there will be tutorial for this purpose .. Because I searched a lot and didn't find anything useful

• Hello.

There is a dedicated example in the start page of construct about level selection, locking/unlocking :

editor.construct.net

Also, since you already have a topic on the subject, please don't open other topics on the same subject.

One topic is enough, and keep your discussion to a single thread on a subject.

• Thank you very much for your help ... I will delete the other topic

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)