Leaderboard - Game Center/Google Play...

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • HighLevelGames Thanks for responding, good thing that you opened up a ticket with google so that eliminates that service as a issue as far as i'm concerned. I emailed the Construct Team for some guidance and i'm waiting on a response. We'll see what they have to say and hopefully this can be resolved. CreativeMind let us know the results of your testing as well.

• Same issue here. When I start my app, the Google Play logo pops up, then disappears, and no functionality of the plugin is working any further.

I think it might have to do with the SHA1 signature. Here's the thing: The SHA1 signature created by the build-in APK signer of C3 is used as an upload key to Google Play, not the actual signing key. The 'real' signing is done by Google itself (unless you deactivate it).

I'll do some testing, maybe the project in Google Play Game Services must be provided with the C3 upload SHA1 signature, not the signing signature of Google.

Ashley I would like to reach out to Iain Shorter, but I can't reference him. Could you please forward this post to him? Thanks.

According to this Github post, I'm on the right track: https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1927

I think we have to replace the Google SHA1 signature with our own upload signature in order to make the Google Play plugin work, is that true?

Could we do it the other way round, too (downloading the Google certificate, which is of type .der, and use that to sign our apps before uploading)?

I'm being really careful with this as you need to contact the Google support team for a signature change (no matter if upload key or signature key), and you can only do that ONCE for an app.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • He's Nepeo on the forum.

• Hey CreativeMind

I haven't personally used Google Play app signing but I understand how to process works.

Google's official advice for debugging Google Play Games is to create 2 OAuth Client IDs for your application. One for debugging and one for release. You can create and modify OAuth Client IDs for your application at https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials. More details can be found under section 3C on this page https://developers.google.com/games/services/console/enabling.

Both client IDs should be set to Android and have use your project ID for the package ID value ( typically something like com.mycompany.mygame ). Your debugging client ID should have the SHA1 signature of whatever certificate you use to sign the application ( can be your upload key if you like ). Your release client ID should have the SHA1 signature of the Google certificate that is used by "Google Play app signing". According to this page documenting how app signing works:

The MD5, SHA-1 and SHA-256 fingerprints of the upload and app signing certificates can be found on the app signing page of the Play Console

From what I've read it's not possible to have 1 client ID that can be used for both local builds and release builds if your using Google app signing. The reason being only 1 signature can be trusted per client ID, and your local builds will always be signed by a different certificate to the release ones. You cannot download the private part of the app signing key used by Google, as that would invalidate the security of it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)