How do i do Lag Compensation?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • So i making this room dot game type thingy so theres 2 dots and i moved one but the difference in the movement on each screen is huge. Does anyone know what i can do. I know i can scale everything down but what else can i do.

Object.Property
    A description of this property
  • Accidentally put same image here’s the other one

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • if the host is authoritative it doesn't really matter if it doesn't line up with lag, like, if the player dies on the host, then it will die a second later on the peer when it catches up with lag that'S all

• Is this a multiplayer game? If the dot speed depends on the display frequency, make sure to select "Framerate mode=V-Synced" in project properties.

• Stages of multiplayer development:

1. Accept that latency is a thing that exists. This means that no two peers will ever see the exact same thing at the exact same time. It is basically physically impossible.

2. Design around it. This includes local input prediction, which means a peer will receive feedback for their inputs locally before the host or any other peer receives the information that they have input anything at all, and lag compensation, where the host validates that peer inputs and actions, which actually happened in the past, are valid.

Interpolation is also important, but the multiplayer plugin takes care of most of that for you so you don't have to worry too much about it.

In general, you're going to want to decide who sees what, separately, because no one will be seeing the same thing at the same time.

• Stages of multiplayer development:

1. Accept that latency is a thing that exists. This means that no two peers will ever see the exact same thing at the exact same time. It is basically physically impossible.

2. Design around it. This includes local input prediction, which means a peer will receive feedback for their inputs locally before the host or any other peer receives the information that they have input anything at all, and lag compensation, where the host validates that peer inputs and actions, which actually happened in the past, are valid.

Interpolation is also important, but the multiplayer plugin takes care of most of that for you so you don't have to worry too much about it.

In general, you're going to want to decide who sees what, separately, because no one will be seeing the same thing at the same time.

Thanks. I learned many important points

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)