How do I make this kind of quiz?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello friends,

I have honestly worked very hard and learned a lot since first starting with Construct a few months ago, but this kind of quiz mechanic is something I just don't know how to do. I wouldn't normally post asking how to do something from the ground up like this.

I'm a teacher in India, and I'm making all educational content. I am extremely motivated to learn how to achieve the functionality below, the basic concepts of which I can then adapt and apply to a wide variety of content:

dropbox.com/s/me7mgmaedcg5ow9/basicAudioQuiz.c3p

1. A random audio file is played from a group of related files.
    2. There is a matching set of images that share all the same file prefixes as the audio files.
    3. Three possible answer matches are generated from these image files, with one of course being correct. They are randomized.

I can do the other parts to turn it into an engaging game, but I just don't understand the logic required to make the main mechanic work properly. The use scenario I am posting in the project file above is to teach basic Hindi consonants. The project file includes a set of audio files and matching images.

I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.

Tagged:

• so to pick the random sound I would do this

set global string pickedConsonant to: choose(ba,cha,ga,ha,...)

to play the correct audio assuming it has the same name:

play audio by name: pickedConsonant

now create the answer image assuming they have the same name

create object by name: pickedConsonant

so now create the wrong answers

repeat 3x

create object by name: choose(ba,cha,ga,ha,...)

to compare if the player has selected the correct answer you can compare the name of the clicked image with the string pickedConsonant

• so to pick the random sound I would do this

set gloabal string pickedConsonant to: choose(ba,cha,ga,ha,...)

to play the correct audio assuming it has the same name:

play audio by name: pickedConsonant

now create the answer image assuming they have the same name

create object by name: pickedConsonant

so now create the wrong answers

repeat 3x

create object by name: choose(ba,cha,ga,ha,...)

to compare if the player has selected the correct answer you can compare the name of the clicked image with the string pickedConsonant

Thanks so much. I will work with this and let you know how it goes. Much appreciated!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There is a simple way to display multiple random images from which only one one is correct. Here is a demo:

dropbox.com/s/a9c91e2ecobljk8/FindAnImageQuiz.c3p

• There is a simple way to display multiple random images from which only one one is correct. Here is a demo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9c91e2ecobljk8/FindAnImageQuiz.c3p?dl=0

This is brilliant, thanks so much. I am really humbled by your mastery of this craft.

Do you think this could be adapted to work with a scenario where the images are all in the files section of the project? It's just that I have 300+ images in one scenario (the Hindi Barakhadi), and I have to correlate them all with sound files that have the same name prefix. Maybe instead of animation frames it could use an array that matches the file names?

Here is your file with a few sample required images, sounds and array, if you have a chance to ponder it.

dropbox.com/s/fiaj6p1lntkfu7j/FindAnImageQuiz%20-%20imgs%2C%20sounds%2C%20array.c3p

In this case the question would not be text or a picture that must be identified, but rather a sound file playing, then the user must match it. I can't use TTS because the core component is the Hindi Barakhadi, the vast number of consonant/vowel combinations, which cannot be done properly with TTS, only audio.

• You are on the right track, just need to add your favorite permuation table :)

dropbox.com/s/k4ahbf23hm1d15g/FindAnImageQuiz%20-%20imgs%2C%20sounds%2C%20array.c3p

• You are on the right track, just need to add your favorite permuation table :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4ahbf23hm1d15g/FindAnImageQuiz%20-%20imgs%2C%20sounds%2C%20array.c3p?dl=0

Awesome! I've got it working with the audio already. Excited to flesh it out. I'll send along the final. Many thanks for the help. Very valuable assistance.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)