Keeping Layout happening

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hi...

I'm developing a game and I need help...

I created 2 layouts in my

game;Layout "A" & "B"

I go from Layout "A" to Layout "B"...but the problem is here that when I'm inside layout "B", I want Layout "A" to keep happening though it's not on screen.

Share your ideas...thanks❤

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thinking outside the box;

what I did in a previous (large) project I circumvented this by creating a very large layout.

It was a building with multiple floors.

Instead of creating a layout per floor, I created them below one another on the same layout. Going to the next floor was a matter of fading in and out a black block sprite as kind of a transition, and meanwhile moving the scroll down by x pixels.

It was very handy because i could then make an elevator for example to "teleport" people moving around across floors by moving them up and down x pixels.

but maybe that's not what you want...

• Thank for your reply...that's a good idea ,however I need something different.

• Hi...

I'm developing a game and I need help...

I created 2 layouts in my

game;Layout "A" & "B"

I go from Layout "A" to Layout "B"...but the problem is here that when I'm inside layout "B", I want Layout "A" to keep happening though it's not on screen.

Share your ideas...thanks❤

I'm not sure what you mean with "I want Layout "A" to keep happening though it's not on screen", can you elaborate this a little bit more?

When you change to layout B, you are game is going to load a new layout, consequently your objects inside the layout A are going to lose their property. In fact, when you switch back to layout A, the engine is going to reload the objects as you see them in the editor.

If you want to keep the status of your objects in the other layout, you can use the persist behavior and apply it to the objects you want. You can always reset the persist if you needed to do. Another way, is that you can use an array to keep each variable saved while you are in the layout B. Example: if you need to keep progress of something in the layout A, as for example a custom timer in a specific object, you could copy the timer into the array (sorting by the id of the object) then, when you are in Layout B you can keep increasing the timer into the array, so that when you go back to layout A you can transfer the value in the array to the object. Note that you would need to store the array data and load it on the start of layout.

• Hi "RIBIS"

Thanks...that's exactly what I meant.adding behaviour is the solution.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)