How do I use the JSON sprite font spacing data?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Data+ is the best Data Management solution for Construct 3. It contains 4 Addons (Plugin & Behavior).
  • I'm trying to use the spacing data, but I don't know how to. I searched everywhere, but can't find the solution. Help please.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What is the issue you are encountering?

From the manual:

Spacing data

Some data in JSON format that lists the widths of individual characters. This allows improved text layout by using narrower spaces for narrower characters. The spacing data also affects the display of the text in the Layout View. The data is an array of pairs. Each pair is a width, and then a string of all the characters that width applies to. For example the pair [10, "aeou"] will set the width of the characters a, e, o and u to 10 pixels. The characters are case-sensitive, allowing you to choose different widths for uppercase characters. You can also set the width of the space character. Each pair must be listed in an array, e.g.

[

[10, "aeou"], [12, "mvw"]].

construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/plugin-reference/sprite-font

• What is the issue you are encountering?

From the manual:

> Spacing data

Some data in JSON format that lists the widths of individual characters. This allows improved text layout by using narrower spaces for narrower characters. The spacing data also affects the display of the text in the Layout View. The data is an array of pairs. Each pair is a width, and then a string of all the characters that width applies to. For example the pair [10, "aeou"] will set the width of the characters a, e, o and u to 10 pixels. The characters are case-sensitive, allowing you to choose different widths for uppercase characters. You can also set the width of the space character. Each pair must be listed in an array, e.g.

[[10, "aeou"], [12, "mvw"]].

https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/plugin-reference/sprite-font

Ah, thank you. I must have skipped past that. My problem is solved.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)