"Is pinned false" bug

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • So, I'm making a fighting, using a separate Sprite as a hitbox by pinning it to the characters. It was working pretty well for idk 2 or 3 months, but out of nowhere, now whenever I start the layout, the hitbox Sprite does not follow the character, I checked it in the debug, and noticed it said that is pinned is false. Any way to fix this?

• Hey there, the only way to verify what's wrong is to check your project file to make some test, if you're ok with sharing it;

In the meantime, try to check if there isn't other events that interferes with the pinning or even the sprites themselves

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok I see the problem now. In the event sheet, I have "pin hitbox to character" under the "is character player 1" condition, along with all their controls. That is somehow interfering with the pin behavior of the hitbox Sprite, but when I remove "pin hitbox to character" from "is character to player 1", the hitbox will pin to the character. It is a 2 player game, So I guess what I need to do is find a more proper way to implement controls for player 1 and 2's controllers. Thank you for replying though sir.

• I see, so it was pinned to the wrong instance, you might need a "for each" condition so each sprite pick the correct hitbox to pin

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)