"Is on-screen" condition not working

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hello all.

I am trying to test the basic functionality of the "is on-screen" condition and its not working as expected. Regardless of whether I can see the object or not, it is triggering and I am not sure why.

I am taking user input via microphone (which works) and then changing that objects color if its on screen as well but it always changes color regardless of whether you can see it or not.

do the on-screen correlate to the viewport? I tried making that smaller as well but no change.

Any help is appreciated, thank you

• How do you see that it changes the color if it's not on screen? :)

If the first condition (text="rojo") is true, then the color will be changed immediately when even a tiny part of the sprite enters the viewport.

• hi dop2000, what I do is have several boxes off screen and I will say each color as a text and then when I got to them in the game they changed color already.

• They probably change color when you come closer to them, as soon as they enter the screen.

To test you can change some other property, for example "Set opacity to 50". Then run the game in debug mode and check the opacity for instances which are off-screen.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • just following up, I could not find the exact reason why but I made a work around by inverting the condition and saying if the text box is anything else and not on screen, revert it to another color and not solid! hope it helps someone

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)