Invisible Object Until Highlighted by Alt Object

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I'm working on creating some "atmosphere" for my game by having details on the walls not be visible unless highlighted by candle light.

This is the basic set-up:

Layers - Object(s) on layer

...other layers...

Candle - Candle object and candle glow object

...other layers...

WallDetails - WallDetail object (lays on top of wall object but on a different layer)

Walls - Walls object (speaks for itself)

When the level is set up, the WallDetail object is supposed to be initially invisible. However, anywhere that the candle glow object overlaps the WallDetail object, the WallDetail object can be seen in the area covered by the candle glow object.

Since the objects are on two different layers, I've been trying to figure out which blending effects I need to use, but so far I have come up with nothing effective. Could I get some suggestions, please? Thank you all kindly!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Put CandleLight and WallDetail on the same layer, CandleLight below the WallDetail.

Set "Force own texture=yes" on the layer, "Blend Mode=Source In" on the WallDetail.

There may be other ways to do this with different blend modes, you need to experiment.

• Put CandleLight and WallDetail on the same layer, CandleLight below the WallDetail.

Set "Force own texture=yes" on the layer, "Blend Mode=Source In" on the WallDetail.

There may be other ways to do this with different blend modes, you need to experiment.

Thank you!! I'm going to attempt this now... I'll let you know how it works out.

• HOT DAWG! IT WORKED! Almost EXACTLY what I was hoping for! The detail that didn't turn out as I wanted I can easily fix at home. Thank you so much. It may seem like a small thing, but my gratitude is deep. You just helped me to make my game that much more "high quality". And since this will be the first game I'm going to publish,I want to make a good first impression. And, thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)