Interstitial ads work in debug APK but not showing on published app

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hi, When I was using test ads for my android mobile game, they were working with debug apk. However I noticed in the actual published apk, the interstitial ads don't show. My app has been published for almost 2 days on the google play store.

Thanks.

• Without seeing the code/setup, I can't be much help. But there is one thing I've done several times (and hate to admit): Did you remember to turn off 'Test mode' before you made the bundle?

Give me the link to the game in the Play Store. Maybe it's the phone you're using. I'll download it to mine and test it out. So I know what I'm looking for, what prompts the interstitial ads?

• Hello,

Yes, I turned off test mode. I checked debug APK and tested both with test mode on and test mode off and it was showing ads perfectly.

An interstitial ad is created on the level select screen (which is the screen with the submarine in it).

The loaded interstitial ad is shown once every three times when the player goes back to the level select screen.

Here's a link to the game: play.google.com/store/apps/details

• I also noticed that sometimes I get this error in the console:

Rejection from 'advert' handler 'ShowInterstitialAdvert': interstitial ad failed to show

• Oh it's a kids game. Does your game comply with all 5 million family friendly requirements?

The highlights: support.google.com/admob/answer/6223431

Google is a pain when it comes to ads in kids games, that could be why it works fine in debug mode and not when downloaded from Google Play.

This is the way I test my games (over explained). I create an apk (NOT debug) and download that to my hard drive, then I upload it to my Gdrive so I can test it on several devices. Once on the Gdrive, I download it to every phone in the house - even the old ones.

I install it on each phone and test it, I especially look for when the ads pop up. Do NOT touch your own ads and do not use them to get stuff, but you can view your ads without pissing off the Google God.

If the apk (not debug) downloaded to your phone gives you real ads when played, but the bundle you uploaded to Google Play doesn't - Google is probably stopping it.

I played about 12 games in your app, but didn't get any ads. I went back to the menu screen several times.

Try the test I mentioned above to see if you get the ads. If you do, Google Play is probably stopping them for some reason.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • When you run the project in a browser and look into the console the error message is not from Admob, it is from Adsense.

I think you have misunderstood how the ads are working.

You can never test Admob ad implementation in the browser.

I would guess the reason for your Admob only works in debug and not in production is due to errouneosly set up of UMP/funding choices.

• hassan1455

If it's still not working, look over my demo: howtoconstructdemos.com/basic-google-admob-demo-with-home-screen-basic-level-menu-local-storage-win-lose-scenarios-c3

Maybe you'll see something you missed.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)