How do I Make an infinite scrolling background with two different images?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
500 monsters and creatures images for card games - Set 1
  • Like the title suggests, I am trying to make a background infinite scrolling, but with two different images. It's actually the same image, but flipped around to give it the illusion that it is repeating.

I have provided a screenshot of the two images I am using as well as the events on the event sheet I have been using to make the background infinite. I Can get the BG working if I use the same exact image, but If I use one that is different, when it should use the second image its just a grey screen.

I am a newb at this stuff, so I am certain it's something I'm doing, but I've been searching for a solution for this for a while now. I just need to fix this, because this is for a school project and it's one of the last issues with my game. I just need the two Bgs to scroll infinitely as they are placed in the first picture.

Here are the two BGs

Here is the events I am using to make a single bg infinite.

Here is the issue when I try to use the events for the two different BGs.

• Your issue is not diagnosable with the information you have given. Try uploading a minimal project with only the problem.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You don't want to reset to a fixed position, it needs to be relative.

Your test needs to be 1.5 times the height, and the jump needs to be 2 times the height.

If Y >= (1.5 times the height) then Set Y to Self.Y - (2 times the height of the image)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)